Wednesday, May 4, 2016

“I have been asked what i mean by ‘word of honor’ i  will tell you: place me behind prison walls-  walls of stone ever so high, ever so thick, reaching ever so far into the ground- there is a possibility that in some way or another i might be able to escape; but stand be on the floor and draw a chalk line around me and have me give my word of honor never cross that circle? No, never! I’d die first.” by Karl G. Maeser.
portrait-karl-g-maeser-educator_1384463_inl.jpg

What this quote is trying to say is that the word of honor is  the most important thing that you have. The reason why is because the word of honor is what represents you. If you break the word of honor you are a liar. And by becoming a liar you won’t be successful. So this is why you don't have to break your word of honor. The reason why is because later no one will ever believe what you say. Because once you lie you will always lia. And no one will trust you. Meaning that you won’t become successful because no one will like a liar. When you give your word of honor you suppose to keep it. Because if you don’t keep your word no one will trust you.

No comments:

Post a Comment